Tandem® t:slim X2™ insulin pump has been approved for sale in Canada and I am excited. I know that this pump is not for everyone but for us…well, we have been waiting since it was first brought to the US market.
We were Cozmo users. Actually Cozmo lovers. Any pump after our beloved Cozmo was just not the same. So many features were missing. It felt like we were going back in time.
When the Tandem® t:slim™ insulin pump came out in the US, I was jealous. Many of our fellow Cozmo pumpers made the switch and were in love. It wasn’t perfect. Some people have issues with certain features but overall most of them felt that one or two annoyances (some of which the company is working to change) were more than worth it.
Here are a few of the features that the Tandem® t:slim X2™ have to offer Canadian insulin pumpers.
t:slim X2™ Features:
- the smallest insulin pump currently available
- has a 300 unit reservoir
- does not use batteries but rather is recharged when you plug a USB cable into a regular AC current. You can go approximately 7 days between charges.
- has a shatterproof, touchscreen
- Dexcom integrated
- Bolus by gram of carbs or units of insulin
- Quick bolus option
- Integrated calculator with numeric keypad
- 6 personalized delivery profiles
- 16 timed insulin delivery settings
- Site change reminders
- High and low blood glucose alerts
- Missed meal bolus alerts
- Remotely update software (no need to buy an entirely new pump!)
- Waterproof for up to 3m for 30 minutes
For us, these are features that are worth getting excited about! You can read the full Tandem announcement here. You can also sign up to learn when the new Tandem® t:slim X2™ will be available in your province here.
Now that we have shown you why we love this new pump, I am curious, what features are most important for you when choosing an insulin pump? If you aren’t sure, download our ebooklet. It has a list of features that may or may not be important to you as well as questions to ask pump reps when you meet!
Learn more about insulin pumps available in North America on our insulin pump page.