Diabetes Advocacy empowering people living with diabetes.
Because your diabetes may vary,
you need to know your options.
Diabetes Advocacy is
…the one place you can go to find easy to understand information about life with diabetes.
We understand that diabetes can make you feel powerless and out of control. Visits to diabetes clinics and doctors can be overwhelming. We aim to educate and support you so that you feel empowered in your life once again. You don’t choose to have diabetes, but with the help of Diabetes Advocacy, you can choose how you manage each day.
Parenting a child with diabetes
What you need to know as a parent of a child with type 1 diabetes.
If you are considering an insulin pump, learn which pumps are available and their features.
Canadians with type 1 diabetes now qualify for the DTC without proving time spent! Learn more about this credit.
Catch up with our latest articles
Read more about life with diabetes and find answers to the questions that you have.
Being newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes is life changing. Even if you knew the signs and caught it early, you still often shocked. You may feel overwhelmed as the world that you once knew no longer exists. Here are…
Diabetes UK reminds us that there is no one type of exercise that’s best. The best exercise for people with type 1 diabetes is the one that works for you. The benefits of exercise with type 1 diabetes The American Diabetes…
What is the best age to be diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? The answer is simple. Never! Every age has its challenges. No one wants diabetes. No matter what age you are diagnosed at, you have to live your life…
Listen to the Diabetes Goddess Podcast
Barb is a parent of an adult with diabetes. Listen to the story of the day her son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, what she thinks about your A1c, and more wherever you listen to podcasts. Every other week, Barb will share opinions and conversations with people living with diabetes. Take a listen. Leave a review. Let us know what other topics you would like to hear covered!
- The YpsoPump is an insulin pump available in Canada and a number of other countries. In this podcast episode, Elaine Goudie and her son Finn share their experiences with the YpsoPump insulin pump.
- Living with diabetes is a 24/7 experience. There is no time off. You don't get to forget that you have it. It demands our attention constantly. Sometimes we do forget however. If you are a parent of a child with […]
- Today it is my pleasure to speak with Stephanie DeRita. Stephanie is an educator, a parent, a person living with type 1 diabetes, and the author of children's book, The Thriving Diabetic. Listen to Stephanie share the story of her […]
- March 17, 2000 our world changed forever. In 22 years, there have been many changes. We have seen changes in insulin. LISTEN TO LEARN MORE… We have seen changes in Continuous Glucose Monitors. LISTEN TO LEARN MORE… We have seen […]
Are you a Canadian with type 1 diabetes?
Have you applied for the DTC yet?
On July 12th, 2022 Barb Wagstaff explained to a live audience how the June 23, 2022 changes to the Disability Tax Credit eligibility criteria impacted Canadians with diabetes. Hear what she had to say.
Check this out…
Watch the recordings from Diabetes Advocacy’s Virtual Insulin Pump Expo. Learn what features are available on many of the insulin pumps on the North American markets and see what users are saying about them!
There are many organizations working to help and support the people of Ukraine. Here are a few organizations that are currently assisting individuals living with diabetes.
- Spare a Rose Ukraine
- Direct Relief
- International Diabetes Federation
- Doctors without borders
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- The UN Refugee Organization