Diabetes Advocacy empowering people living with diabetes
Because your diabetes may vary you need to know your options.
was founded in 2003 to provide information to help you manage all aspects of your diabetes care. Diabetes can make you feel powerless and out of control. This site aims to educate and support you so that you can regain some of that power. Learn things like how your insulin works, which delivery method is right for you, and how to no longer take readings personally!
Parenting a child with diabetes
What you need to know as a parent of a child with type 1 diabetes.
If you are considering an insulin pump, learn which pumps are available and their features.
If you are insulin dependent and live in Canada, you need to learn more about this credit.
Catch up with our latest articles
Read more about life with diabetes and find answers to the questions that you have.
The glycated hemoglobin A1c (hbA1c) or A1c as it is known in the diabetes community, is a measure of how much glucose has “stuck” to the red blood cells over the course of 2-3 months. Hemoglobin is a protein found…
The t:slim X2 insulin pump is manufactured by Tandem Diabetes Care. It is currently rated for use in individuals over the age of 6. It is not recommended for individuals who require less than 10 units of insulin per day…
Senseonics announced the FDA approval of their latest continuous glucose monitoring system the Eversense E3. Eversense is the only continuous glucose monitor on the market that is implanted by your physician under your skin. Earlier versions had to be replaced…
Diabetes Goddess Podcast
Barb is a parent of an adult with diabetes. Listen to the story of the day her son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, what she thinks about your A1c, and more. Every other week, Barb will share opinions and conversations with people living with diabetes.
- Living with diabetes is a 24/7 experience. There is no time off. You don't get to forget that you have it. It demands our attention constantly. Sometimes we do forget however. If you are a parent of a child with […]
- Today it is my pleasure to speak with Stephanie DeRita. Stephanie is an educator, a parent, a person living with type 1 diabetes, and the author of children's book, The Thriving Diabetic. Listen to Stephanie share the story of her […]
- March 17, 2000 our world changed forever. In 22 years, there have been many changes. We have seen changes in insulin. LISTEN TO LEARN MORE… We have seen changes in Continuous Glucose Monitors. LISTEN TO LEARN MORE… We have seen […]
- John Whitehead took himself from experiencing diabetes complications to successfully navigating a 6-day hiking expedition in the Canadian Rockies. With a change in attitude and a lesson in power of words, he has gone on to become one of the […]
Check this out…
Watch the recordings from the Virtual Insulin Pump Expo. Learn what features are available on many of the insulin pumps on the North American markets and see what users are saying about them!
If you are an insulin dependent Canadian…
Have you applied for the DTC yet?
Join Barb Wagstaff to learn if you could qualify for the Disability Tax Credit and how the process works. You will also hear from Nancy Lee, who will share the benefits that you can receive AFTER you have been approved!
There are many organizations working to help and support the people of Ukraine. Here are a few organizations that are currently assisting individuals living with diabetes.
- Spare a Rose Ukraine
- Direct Relief
- International Diabetes Federation
- Doctors without borders
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- The UN Refugee Organization